The 2021 Skoda Superb has finally launched in the Indian market. The car has always been a feature loaded, powerful value for money product and now, it has got even more features with a slight bump in the price. So read the article to know more about the 2021 Skoda Superb.
What’s New In The 2021 Skoda Superb?
As we told before, the 2021 Skoda Superb has got some additional features which were missing in its predecessor. The new added features includes:
- LED Headlamps with LED DRLs & Illuminated Eyelashes
- 8 inch Amundsen Infotainment System with Inbuilt Navigation
- 360 degree parking camera with park assist (Exclusive for L&K)
- L&K now gets Virtual Cockpit too (which was already there in the Sportline)
- L&K now gets new redesigned steering wheel (two spoke unit)
- Wireless Android Auto & Apple Car Play
- New Adaptive Front-light System(AFS) modes which includes city, intercity, motorway and rain.
Engine On the new 2021 Skoda Superb:
The 2021 Skoda Superb gets the 2.0-TSi motor from its predecessor. The engine is untouched along with the power figures. So the 2021 Skoda Superb gets a 1984 cc, Inline-4 Cylinder, DOHC, Fuel Injected, Turbo Charged BS6 Petrol engine which churns out 188 bhp of power @4200 rpm and 320 Nm of torque @1450 rpm.
The ARAI mileage of the new 2021 Skoda Superb is 15.1 kmpl. So in the real word, you can expect around 8-13 kmpl of mileage. And that 188 bhp of power and 320 Nm of torque goes to the Front Wheels of the car (FWD) through the 7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission that shifts gears super quickly.
Suspension and Wheels of the 2021 Skoda Superb:
As before, the 2021 Skoda Superb gets McPherson front suspension with lower triangular links and torsion stabilizer and Multi Element Axle rear suspension with one longitudinal and transverse links with torsion stabilizer. So put it in short, the 2021 Skoda Superb gets soft suspension which absorbs everything on the road.
The 2021 Skoda Superb gets a 215/55 section front and rear tyres which are mated to a 17 inch wheel. The tyres on the 2021 Skoda Superb are Tubeless Radial. The car gets ventilated disc at front and disc at rear. The spare wheel is steel with 16 inch wheel size.
Features of the new 2021 Skoda Superb:
- 17 inch alloy wheels
- Panaromic electric sunroof
- LED headlamps
- Retractable headlight washers
- Front LED fog lights with corner function
- LED DRLs
- LED taillights with crystalline elements and dynamic turn indicators
- Gloss black external RVMs, front grille, window frames, doors and boot door lights.
- Rear View Camera with washer and adaptive guidelines
- Boarding spot lamps
- Boot(5th door) with electrically opening and closing function
- Keyless entry, start and exit system
- Rear diffuser with chrome highlights
- 8 Airbags
- Virtual cockpit
- 12-way electrically adjustable front seats with memory functions
- Sport seats with integrated headrests
- Black Alcantara upholstery
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Leather wrapped gear knob
- 8 inch touch screen Amundsen infotainment system with navigation
- Smartlink connectivity
- 3-Zone climatronic automatic air conditioning with AirCare function
- Cruise control
- Carbon garnish with LED ambient lighting
- Diffused footwell lighting
- Parkatronic system (Park Assist)
Driving Dynamics of the 2021 Skoda Superb:
The Suspension on the new 2021 Skoda Superb is little bit at softer side. But this doesn’t ruin the ride quality of the car. Even though the car is huge in size, you don’t feel that size while driving this car. The car remains composed at higher speeds and it handles like a charm. There is no understeer on offer which is the biggest problems with the Front Wheel Drive cars. So the understeering is very well controlled.
The car competes with the Germens in terms of cabin space. The 2021 Skoda Superb is even more spacious than the BMW 3 Series and the Mercedes-Benz C Class. The NVH level of the car is very well controlled. There is no vibration either from the engine or cabin. There is a slight sporty note upwards of the rev range which feels so good to listen.
The 2021 Skoda Superb is available in 7 colors which includes Business Grey, Moon White, Magnetic Brown, Magic Black, Lava Blue, Steel Grey and Race Blue.
As before, the 2021 Skoda Superb is available in 2 trims which are Sportline AT and L&K AT. The prices for both the models are 40.42 Lakhs and 44.16 Lakhs On-Road Bangalore respectively.