YAMAHA R15 v3 VS KTM RC 125 BS6 2020:
Yamaha R15 has always been a brilliant machine one could buy under 1.5 lakh( ex-showroom) price. It had no competition in its price point, which provides a more committed riding posture. But now there is one motorcycle which we think will give a game to the R15 in some aspects. Read further to know more about YzF R15 v3 VS KTM RC125 Bs6.
Design and Comfort:
When it comes to design, both the motorcycles look gorgeous. The RC 125 retains that sharp and aggressive stance from it’s elder siblings. The Yamaha R15 also has an aggressive stance that resembles its litre-class sibling, the Yamaha R1.
The R15 has a better-looking instrument console, but the information given by the RC 125 is a lot more than the R15 V3. Both the bikes have committed riding posture with rear-set footpegs, but that’s the RC 125, which has the most aggressive riding stance, which helps it to corner well.
The Yamaha R15 V3 has more power and less weight, which means it is faster than the KTM RC 125. Even the top end of the RC 200 is not as much as the R15. The Yamaha R15 weighs just 142 kg while the RC 125 is the heavier bike weighing around 155 kg.
In terms of seats, the R15 is more comfortable for both rider and pillion than the RC 125. And in terms of seat height, the KTM RC 125 is more suitable for tall riders while the Yamaha R15 V3 is suitable for both tall and short riders.
The Engine of R15 V3 & RC125
Engine performance – The KTM RC 125 just can’t match-up with Yamaha R15 V3. As we told you earlier, the R15 V3 has more power while weighing less than the RC 125.
The Yamaha R15 V3 powered by 155 cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve, single-cylinder engine. And that Engine produces 18.6 ps of maximum power @10,000 rpm and 14.8 Nm of peak torque @8,500 rpm. This engine is mated with 6-speed manual gearbox, and this bike also gets a slipper clutch, Dual-Channel ABS as standard. The ride quality of this machine is better than the RC 125.
And the KTM RC 125 is under power machine compare to its price segment, Engine powered by 125cc liquid-cooled, 4-valve, single-cylinder engine. And that Engine produces 14.3 bhp of maximum power @9,250 rpm and 12 Nm of peak torque @8,000 rpm. And this motor is mated to 6-speed manual gearbox. The clutch on this bike is lighter than the Yamaha R15 v3.
Now let’s talk about its maintenance cost. The service cost of Yamaha R15 v3 is very less price than KTM, you will pay only 900 to 1000 rupees in the first free service, and the bike parts are also very affordable. Let’s talk about the KTM RC125 forts free service cost. It can cost you around 1400 rupees, and the bike parts are also a bit more expensive side.
Ok, now let’s look at some of the advantages of the KTM RC 125:
- The KTM RC 125 is fuel-efficient as Similar to Yamaha R15 V3.
- It has a slightly more committed riding posture than the R15 V3.
- It is the best beginner-friendly sports motorcycle.
- The KTM RC 125 has slightly better hardware.
- It uses trellis-frame, WP Up-side down Front Fork, Projector Lights, and provide similar looks as rc200 and rc390.
- Handling is slightly better in KTM RC 125 because of its more committed riding posture.
- Tyres are Wider than the R15 V3.KTM uses 150 section rear and 110 section front tyre.
Advantages of the Yamaha R15 V3:
- YzF R15 v3 has a more refined engine than the KTM RC125.
- It has more power and less weight.
- It has more tank range than the RC 125 and offers an excellent mileage of 55kmpl on highway and 45+ kmpl in the city.
- It has dual-channel ABS as standard.
- It has better top-end power compared to RC 125.
- R15 v3 Best for cites and highway rides.
- It offers more comfort than that orange machine.
- Low Maintenance cost and Ex-showroom Price(1.45lakh)
- Better exhaust sound and stability.
CONCLUSION OF R15 V3 VS RC125:
Both motorcycles are brilliant in their category. Both motorcycles have their advantages and disadvantages. Yes, as you know, no bike is perfect. But if we have to choose one vehicle among these, then the Yamaha R15 V3 is the winner of this comparison r15 v3 VS rc125. It gives you more value for money proposition and also more powerful and practical motorcycle than the RC 125. which of these motorcycles you would pick among r15 v3 VS rc125.